- Princess Margaret Hospital - Windsor
- Job Advert
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Patient Administrator to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Basic financial awareness
- Previous administration experience in a private healthcare environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the smooth running of the patient administrative process throughout the patient journey. Ensure the BMI best practice process maps are followed, to provide an efficient, professional and standard service to all patients, visitors, consultants and staff. All patient queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Day to day management of the referrals from the Referral Management Centre, including triage and adherence to the 18 week Referral to Treatment within set timescales and management of SPOT contract patients
- Timely resolution to clinic change requests disseminating information to relevant colleagues and consultants
- Ensure that all revenue is captured accurately.
- To be competent in the use of the switchboard, ensuring quick and effective placing of incoming and outgoing calls, observing the company’s policies on confidentiality. Making full use of internal communication systems i.e paging system..
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.