- Highfield Hospital - Rochdale
- Portfolio Role Profile Upload
- Job Advert
Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapy
Up to £22 per hour
BMI Highfield Hospital in Rochdale is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Specialist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)/Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP/RCOT and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Advanced training/recognised qualifications in specialist area. For example, BAHT Level I or equivalent plus further formal hand therapy education
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate. Depending on training, this might include hand and wrist only, hand, wrist and elbow or whole upper limb. For the purposes of this role description, hand and wrist will be used.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise following self-learning, specialist peer review, attending the biannual hand therapy study days and BAHT Level II courses.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.