- Runnymede Hospital - Chertsey
- Job Advert
BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Quality and Risk Manager to join their team of staff in the Quality Assurance department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Would prefer and be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in a clinical background.
- Qualifications in a Health-related discipline
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems and intermediate computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement concepts and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, schedules, set goals/objectives.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment of change.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary risk management strategies that are effective ion promoting and ensuring high quality patient care
- Excellent understanding of clinical governance and quality improvement principles
Duties of this role include:
- To enhance and strengthen the organisation wide quality improvement program in line with the BMI corporate vision, governance framework and operational plan and to ensure the hospital is well prepared to meet external regulatory inspection requirements
- Working closely with the hospital senior management team to co-ordinate and provide leadership for the operational management of quality assurance and patient safety with the aim of ensuring the provision of high quality safe care
- Champion and raise awareness of the benefits of effective governance and implement strategies to increase the knowledge of hospital staff of quality processes and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate and further develop the hospital’s clinical governance activities, policies and systems.
- To lead and support the hospital to achieve a good or higher rating for CQC/HIS/HIW regulatory inspections
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!