- Edgbaston and Priory Hospitals - Birmingham
- Job Advert
Deputy Clinical Services Manager
Full Time – Permanent
£38,890 - £45,000 + Benefits
**Significant Sign On Bonus Available**
BMI Edgbaston & Priory Hospitals in Birmingham are part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Extensive experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Lead role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Duties of this role include:
- Coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the Clinical Services Manager – Theatre in the management of the theatre team..
- Provide safe quality clinical care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver safe quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Act as clinical leader for the theatre Team and take responsibility in area of speciality e.g. anaesthetics, orthopaedics.
- Deputise for Clinical Services Manager – Theatre as and when required.
- Achieve objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the checks.
- Undertake the off duty and allocations in line with policy.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!