- Alexandra Hospital - Cheadle
- Job Advert
Senior Clinical Pharmacist
Full Time – Permanent
£38,890 - £40,000 + Benefits
**Significant Sign On Bonus Available**
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Hospital experience is essential.
- Post graduate clinical diploma in clinical pharmacy (hospital) or equivalent experience.
- Post Graduate and ITU experience
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Provision of a clinical pharmacy service to a relevant clinical speciality.
- Recent experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicine management in a hospital setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within a BMI hospital. Supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers, supervising the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines. To supervise junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service, and where necessary to assume responsibility for specialist clinical service.
- To facilitate the daily running of the pharmacy department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers.
- Provide clinical input with respect to medicines to all patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s multidisciplinary team,
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more