- Alexandra Hospital - Cheadle
- Job Advert
Advance Practice Physiotherapist
Full Time – Fixed Term
£45,753 - £51,668 + Benefits
**Significant Sign On Bonus Available**
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Advanced Practice Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This position is for a fixed term period until March 2023.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Critical understanding of personal scope of practice
- Postgraduate level learning relating to Physiotherapy/MSK e.g Master’s degree, Master’s level modules, or work-based learning at an equivalent level).
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- At least 3 years experience working as an Advanced Praactice Physiotherapist (APP/Extended Scope Physiotherapist (ESP)
- Applicants must have detailed knowledge of indications for further tests and investigations to facilitate diagnosis of patients presenting in neurosurgical clinics with spinal pain, and have a proven record of working as an autonomous practitioner at ESP level with this case-type.
- The succesful applicant will need to have excellent assessment skills for all MSK conditions and especially be able to demonstrate a highly advanced level of assessment and management of spinal conditions, including knowledge of non-surgical and surgical management options.
Duties of this role include:
- Working independently, but alongside GP colleagues or Consultant colleagues, you will act as a first point of contact for patients and will lead patient care management, to include assessment, treatment and onward referral for diagnostic or secondary care services as required. Lead and co-ordinate care for patients presenting with MSK conditions (potentially complex).
- Provide and advise on a range of treatment options, with the personal scope of practice and competence to undertake independent prescribing and injection therapy
- Support GP services to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Provide and advise on a range of treatment options, with the personal scope of practice and competence to undertake independent prescribing and injection therapy if required by clinical area.
- Identify the need for and refer patients for investigations (including medical imaging/x-rays, blood tests and nerve conduction studies) and use the results to support diagnosis and decision-making re. treatment options.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more