- Head Office - Central London
- Job Advert
BMI Healthcare are part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Head of Infection Prevention and Specialist Services to join our team of staff.
This is a Full Time role for 37.5 hours a week. Role will be based at Head Office – London.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related subject or equivalent study.
- Specialist post graduate course in IPC / Tissue Viability or equivalent courses
- Teaching and mentoring qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage own case/workload
- Understanding of the audit cycle and its application within specialist sphere
- Ability to critically analyse research
- Understanding of principles of change management
- Computer literacy
- Understanding of pressure ulcer development and prevention
- Understanding of the principles wound management and healing
- Accurate assessment of vascular status using Doppler ultrasound
- Ability to undertake a range of complex wound dressings
Duties of this role include:
- The post holder will have clinical responsibility and accountability for the management, strategic planning and operational delivery of the Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) and specialist services across Circle Health Group
- Manages the day to day delivery of IPC standards through the operations structure and can evidence-practice standards
- Manage the delivery of Tissue Viability service and standards across the group, ensuring policy and practice are in line with best practice
- Ensure that the practices that support Blood Transfusion are effective and safe
- Responsible for non-medical clinical standards and the continual development of professional practice in line with Professional body codes and current best practice across the Circle Group
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here