- Saxon Clinic - Milton Keynes
- Job Advert
BMI Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to lead their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially.
- Experienced in acute nursing care
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Mentorship Qualification.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the delivery of patient safe clinical care provision of the Theatre service, in line with business needs and responsible for day to day organisation and management of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team, both clinical and non clinical. Providing clear direction and leadership to all theatre staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital. The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of the Theatre Team, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective theatre service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees, consultants and visitors.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Sally Amos on 01908665533
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.