- Chelsfield Park Hospital - Orpington
- Job Advert
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Kent is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Recent experience of dispensing medicines.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input into the care of the patients within a BMI hospital, supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers. To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines, whilst supervising junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service. To assume responsibility for clinical service as identified.
- To facilitate the daily running of the pharmacy department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers.
- Provide clinical input with respect to medicines to all patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s multidisciplinary team.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.