- Runnymede Hospital - Chertsey
- Job Advert
BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and committed Senior Theatre Practitioner to join our fantastic team of staff in our Theatre Department
This is a full time post and there is a flexible shift pattern in place.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant qualification [for scrub leads].
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course.
- Must have previous experience working in Scrub and Orthopaedics.
- Approved / recognised anaesthetic course.
- Mentorship qualification
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent. Functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care. To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care within the operating department. Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Eric Meikle on 01932 877817.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.