- Shirley Oaks Hospital - Croydon
- Job Advert
BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Hand Therapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a Part time role for 8 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist/State Registered Occupational Therapist with extensive postgraduate hand therapy experience with a proven track record of clinical expertise within this specialist area.
- This experience must include orthopaedics, plastics, rheumatology, trauma, management of acquired conditions and skills in appropriate manual therapies, splinting, hand and wrist assessment and evidence based treatment techniques.
- Postgraduate level learning relating to hand therapy e.g. Master’s degree, Master’s level modules, or British Association of Hand Therapists (BAHT) Level II courses.
- IT GCSE at grade A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate. Depending on training, this might include hand and wrist only, hand, wrist and elbow or whole upper limb. For the purposes of this role description, hand and wrist will be used.
- Effectively manage an Outpatient caseload, working within your scope of practice as an autonomous practitioner.
- Make an active contribution to the marketing, promotion and development of the Hand Therapy service within the hospital, working closely with the marketing team, consultants and GP referrers.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Tristanne Morbey on 02086555518
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.