- Job Advert
The Circle Health Group is a clinically led organisation focused on the delivery of high quality care to our patients. The job plan will involve 8 programmed activities (PA’s). As a patient-centred, clinically led organisation we expect our clinicians to participate in care-pathway development, research, audit and teaching. There could be the opportunity to develop your own clinical leadership and take on additional responsibilities for medical leadership.
We have an opportunity for a Consultant Anaesthetist to join their team of staff in the Theatre departments of Lancaster, Beardwood and Gisburne Park Hospitals.
This is a Full Time role for 37.5 hours a week.
This is a temporary vacancy for 12 months.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- UK registered Medical Degree.
- Past record of FRCA academic achievement
- Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality.
- Wide training and experience in anaesthesia.
- Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems in anaesthesia.
- Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision.
- Innovative approach to provision of anaesthesia services with ability to embrace change to improve the provision of care.
- Knowledge of evidence based practice.
- Excellent clinical skills
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility and show evidence of leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with setbacks.
- Awareness of personal limitations.
Duties of this role include:
- The job plan will be adjusted to fulfil the interests of the successful candidate; however the successful candidates will be expected to deliver a minimum of eight Clinical PAs in theatres and pre-operative assessment and two PAs of Supporting Professional Activity time each week.
- The successful appointee is expected to play a full role in the delivery of the Hospital Governance agenda. Circle believes in an open learning environment with a clear risk management strategy that allows innovation and improvement in care whilst placing patient safety at the centre of our values.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Annual and Study leave
- 28 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays, At least six weeks’ notice must be given to the clinical unit management team so as to minimise disruption to patient care. A further 10 days a year are available to be taken for study leave. We expect our consultants to use every opportunity to update their clinical and service knowledge at a national and international level. Circle supports the requirements for continuing Medical Education and revalidation and is committed to providing resources.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process we will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
Circle Health is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.