- Job Advert
BMI Duchy Hospital in Harrogate is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience within a Healthcare environment.
- Able to reassure patients in varying situations and encourage them to undertake their exercise programmes.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence. Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accurate recording of data.
- Able to assess patient’s comfort, and adapt behaviour in line with this assessment.
- Full and clean driving licence.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an excellent support service for qualified physiotherapy staff, enabling them to maximise their clinical skills, expertise and productivity whilst providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
- To participate in aquatic service as required.
- To participate in pre-operative assessment as required.
- To participate in clinical treatment under the supervision of a Physiotherapist or Senior Physiotherapist.
- To book outpatient physiotherapy appointments, managing physiotherapy appointment system accurately and efficiently.
- To handle general telephone enquiries and refer clinical issues to the relevant Physiotherapist.
- To manage the patient database, ensuring that patient records and all relevant documentation are processed accurately.
- Ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy audit compliance.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.