- Job Advert
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This role qualifies for a significant one-off signing on bonus*
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Willingness to complete UKONS SACT chemotherapy passport.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Understanding of workload and shift management.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- 18 months post registration experience.
- Experience working within a team model of nursing.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team. Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care, providing excellent standards of individual care.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care and services offered to our patients seeing through effective systems of documentation, quality standards, and resource management and allocation.
- To take charge of the clinical area as required, ensuring effective operational management of clinical area on a 24 hour basis.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to £38,000pa for this vacancy alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Ruth Hammond on 01483442650
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.
* Sign-on bonus available in certain locations, subject to availability