- Job Advert
BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role within theatres would be beneficial.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact SJ Smallpage on 01905 793 304.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.