- Job Advert
BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We currently have a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant in our Outpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Experience required working in an outpatients department taking bloods, doing ECG’s chaperoning in clinics, simple dressings as required and assisting consultants.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role within theatres is essential.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Experience working as a Healthcare Assistant in an acute hospital environment
- Phlebotomy experience required.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.