- Infection Prevention and Control Lead
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Alexandra Hospital - Cheadle
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Nursing
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at BMI Alexandra Hospital for an experienced Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Nurse. You will join a new leadership team here at the hospital and be a key member of the senior nursing team for the site.
This is a full time role covering 37.5 hours a week with the post-holder required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
We are looking for someone who has a sound understanding of Clinical Nursing (both In-patient and Outpatient) as well as a detailed understanding of current Infection Prevention and Control requirements. A key part of this role will be to educate and empower staff, as well as lead the Hospital in its delivery of Infection Prevention and Control, so a strong track record in this area is therefore required.
Duties of this role will include:
- Ensuring Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital, and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- Ensuring compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for the CQC in England
- Additionally taking accountability for infection prevention for new hospital services and new build and refurbishment projects.
- Taking a lead role in delivering care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical IPC knowledge, skills and expertise.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (or other clinical profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner).
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent).
- Specialist IPC knowledge and experience working in a large hospital offering a wide variety of treatments, services and acute surgical specialties.
- Ability to apply specialist IPC knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Join the BMI Healthcare journey and become part of a team where people matter
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive starting salary of up to £43,750.00 per annum. Employee benefits also include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Private health insurance and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our Perks at Work scheme – there is also free parking at BMI Alexandra Hospital.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Or if you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity further please contact Charlotte Brownhill – Associate Director of Clinical Services, or Helen Vyas – Director of Clinical Services. Telephone: 0161 428 3656.