- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics & Recovery
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Bishops Wood Hospital - Northwood
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Theatre
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood close to Rickmansworth is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
The BMI Bishops Wood Hospital is a mid-sized and busy acute care hospital that prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides. The Hospital has 42 beds, three theatres including Endoscopy, Physiotherapy Services, Diagnostic Imaging and Consulting Rooms, procedures range from routine investigations to complex surgery. Whilst the hospital also houses a leading oncology ward that was refurbished in 2015. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
We are currently looking to recruit Theatre Practitioners for the Theatre Department so we are looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients to join the team.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Paediatric experience is preferred
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills desirable
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 desirable
- ILS desirable
- ALS desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.