- Senior Registered Nurse
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Meriden Hospital - Coventry
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Nursing
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Meriden Hospital in Coventry is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week and this will be an internal rotation of days and nights. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards. Previous experience within a lead clinical role.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Flexible and adaptable
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care and services offered to our patients seeing through effective systems of documentation, quality standards, and resource management and allocation.
- To take charge of the clinical area as required, ensuring effective operational management of clinical area on a 24 hour basis.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.