- Registered Children's Nurse (Bank)
- Competitive hourly rates
- Three Shires Hospital - Northampton
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Nursing
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Three Shires hospital in Northampton has a vacancy for a Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Registered Child Nurse with NMC registration
- Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine / surgery
- Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
- Aware of NMC code of Accountability
- Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship
- Basic Paediatric Life Support
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To carry out pre-assessments for paediatric patients who have been booked for an elective procedure.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure the emergency paediatric equipment is checked on a daily basis and meets required guidelines, escalating to the Nurse in charge any deficits.
- To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.