- Theatre Practitioner
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Three Shires Hospital - Northampton
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Theatre
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department. Shifts will cover Monday-Saturday 8am - 8pm.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- To have completed or be working towards external / internal Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course.
- Basic competence and intended/ actual qualification in Endoscopic Care and Decontamination and/or Operators Course in Decontamination.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies
- Experience in working in partnership with consultants to deliver clinical care.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- Additional Information