- Registered Nurse - Surgical Ward
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Clementine Churchill Hospital - Harrow
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Nursing
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
The BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital located in the leafy suburbs of North West London is BMI Healthcare’s Flagship London Hospital.
We are proud of who we are and what we do; the hospital is a great place to work where you will make a real impact on people’s lives every day.
Our staff make the hospital the very special place that is – and we are committed to nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential in their chosen area. The nursing teams are supported by specialist nurses including Level 3 ITU, theatres, spinal, colorectal, bariatrics as well as a joint specialist nursing post with Macmillan.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Surgical Wards.
We have 141 beds including ITU, General and Surgical Wards, Spinal and Orthopaedic, Day Surgery, Urgent Care Centre as well as our 5 theatres an Endoscopy Suite and an Ambulatory Care Unit. Not to mention ample free parking and a subsidised staff restaurant.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.