- Registered Nurse (Bank)
- Competitive hourly rates
- Clementine Churchill Hospital - Harrow
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Nursing
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Nursing Department on a Bank basis.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN – Current registration
- ENB 998 or equivalent desirable
- Knowledge of NMC codes of practice and their implication for practice.
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate care.
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to maintain clear and legible documentation
- Post registration experience in similar setting (within an acute setting)
Duties of this role include:
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for nursing care in Consulting rooms or designated clinics
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- Promote a patient centered style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
- Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
- Ensure that suitable standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- Provide a positive role model, which will enhance the nursing team’s reputation
- Keep abreast of advances in nursing practice and keep clinical skills updated accordingly
- Demonstrate awareness of legislation regarding client group e.g. child protection, vulnerable adults, mental health issues and act appropriately when required.
- Attend all mandatory training requirements
- Keep up to date with professional issues; promoting evidenced based care and embracing new ideas that influence nursing practice relating to area of practice
- Participate in formal and informal review of own performance
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.