- Theatre Practitioner
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Three Shires Hospital - Northampton
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Theatre
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have opportunities for Theatre Practitioners to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
These are FULL time roles for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Monday-Saturday 8am - 8pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- Orthopaedic an advantage
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- ALS (desirable)
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Qualification (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.