Looking for a job in nursing? At BMI Healthcare, we offer roles for nurses at all stages of their careers, from newly qualified to experienced and senior nurses.
We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate registered nurses to join our team.
With more than 50 locations around the UK, your nearest BMI hospital is never far away.
The benefits of being a nurse in the private sector
Nurses choose to move to private healthcare for many reasons. If you're an experienced nurse looking for a new challenge, you may be wondering whether switching to private healthcare is for you or even looking to take on some extra bank shifts.
Here are some of the benefits our nurses feel matter most:
- Better staff numbers so there is less pressure across the team and you have more time to spend with your patients
- Every employee gets a personalised career development plan
- Newly Qualified Nurses spend more time with their buddies
- Managers are accessible and the management structure is open and visible
- Consultants are accessible and have great relationships with nurses, as well as the rest of the hospital team
- We are an Armed Forces Friendly Employer (silver award), encouraging applicants from all current military and Ex-Military personnel and allowing military reservists time off to serve
The benefits of being a nurse at BMI Healthcare
If you are wondering whether BMI is the right place for you, here are just some of the perks our nurses say they love about their jobs.
- More time with your patients so you can deliver the personalised care they deserve
- Clear career pathways to help you progress in your career
- A more equal team structure, which means you can make a real difference to ways of working and processes
- Flexible working hours to suit your individual lifestyle and help you to establish a healthy work/life balance
Our commitment to your nursing career development
When you become part of our team, we'll help you create a personalised career progression plan to make sure you continue to develop, learn and grow, no matter what stage you're at in your career.
We have clear and defined pathways for growth in each role, which can be tailored to your specific goals. You'll also have access to relevant learning programmes via the BMI Learning Academy.
Wherever you are now, we're excited to see where we can take you.
Below are just a few examples of career development opportunities our nurses benefit from.
If you are Newly Qualified
Consider our Preceptorship Programme, which pairs newly qualified nurses with an experienced practitioner who will help you to build confidence and refine your skills.
If you are returning to practice
If you need to complete a Return to Practice course, we will sponsor your university fees, giving you one less thing to worry about.
If you want to work in Theatres
If you are looking to move to a career as a Theatre Nurse, we will support you in gaining the necessary experience, as well as funding the qualifications you will need. (For example, a Theatre Development Programme Masters Level.)
If you are a Senior Registered Nurse
We are here to support you in becoming a leader or manager. We offer formal qualifications including:
- Clinical Services Manager – Ward/Theatre – Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 3
- Director of Clinical Services – Leadership and Management Apprenticeship (Level 5)
We also offer role-specific training, for example patient assessment training courses.
What our employees really think
We think you'll love working at BMI Healthcare, but don't just take our word for it.
As a Registered Nurse at BMI Healthcare, I enjoy all aspects of my role, whether I'm working with the patients to plan their care, collaborating with outpatients staff to ensure patients have a good experience when attending the department, or working with our consultants to grow the business and develop new services.Maggie Donaghue, Registered Nurse, BMI The Woodlands Hospital
What nursing jobs are available?
We're on the lookout for both newly qualified and registered nurses to join our teams at Hospitals across the UK.
We offer a range of full-time, part-time and bank opportunities across the following areas:
- Theatre (Scrub, Anaesthetics and Recovery)
Who we are
BMI Healthcare is the largest network of independent hospitals in the UK. We've been looking after patients since the 1970s, and some of our hospitals have been caring for their local communities for even longer.
We offer over 500 different treatments across more than 60 specialities, with centres of excellence in spinal, orthopaedic, neuro, cardiac and cancer care.
Each BMI hospital is unique, shaped by our staff and our patients, as well as the community it sits in. At the same time, each one enjoys the benefits of being part of a bigger business.
At BMI Healthcare, we pride ourselves on our commitment to personalised care, with every patient treated as the individual they are.
BMI is a disability-friendly employer, part of the global Valuable 500 movement to put disability on the business agenda.